CALL FOR PROPOSALS
TN Bike Summit
May 18 - 20, 2017
Building Better Communities:
Policy, Advocacy, and Youth Initiatives
Bike Walk Tennessee is thrilled to issue a call for speakers at the 2017 TN Bike Summit in Memphis.
Bike Walk TN gladly welcomes proposals under other topics, but proposals addressing the following topics will be strongly considered:
Community, Advocacy, and Organizing
• What strategies do you use to organize people who walk and bike in your city or town? Group Bike Rides? Open Streets? Tactical Urbanism? Digital and social media campaigns? How do you organize and mobilize people who walk and bike? What has worked? What hasn’t worked?
• What kind of citywide Encouragement Programs are you involved with (Ride to Dinner, Tour de Lights, Bike Share)?
• Do you actively collaborate with other public and private sectors or local movements - in health, housing, or food access for example? How have these connections aided your work to promote biking and walking
• Presentations from retail bike shops, retail running shops, and other retailers working to encourage more people to walk, run, or bike are also strongly encouraged
Policy, Planning, and Government
• Presentation from MPOs, TPOs, and local government administrators about their efforts to promote and evaluate walking and biking are strongly encouraged
• Presentations from State Administrators about current efforts to promote and evaluate walking and biking are strongly encouraged
• Presentations from private planning firms about excellence in developing and executing walking and biking projects are strongly encouraged
Community Bike Shops and Youth Initiatives
• Presentation from community bike shops about their programs and efforts are strongly encouraged
• Presentations from schools and educators about how they promote walking and biking are strongly encouraged
• Initiatives by Church Youth Groups, Boy Scout Troops, Girls and Boys clubs, and other religious and civic groups to promote walking and biking and also strongly encouraged
Please submit proposals - 300 words or less including a title and other possible presenters - to Anthony Siracusa (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, January 27, 2017. Selected proposals will be announced by Wednesday, February 1. Summit registration fees will be waived for all presenters.
(Follow this link to download full CFP)
See you in Memphis!