Every year, Bike Walk Tennessee organizes a statewide delegation to travel to Washington D.C. for the National Bike Summit. The Summit offers an opportunity for Tennessee advocates to network with other advocates from across the nation, and learn more about the latest developments in policy, infrastructure, and educational programs across the United States. The National Bike Summit also provides participants with an opportunity to talk with members of Congress about federal policy.
Tennessee has been participating in the National Bike Summit since its inception in 2001, with participants representing their constituencies across the state of Tennessee.
Bike Walk Tennessee offers 1 - $500 Scholarship to the National Bike Summit each year in Washington, DC. The $500 will cover your registration fee only, it does not include travel expenses. Please check back for 2021 scholarship submission deadlines.
To apply: Email Lindsey Kimble at firstname.lastname@example.org a narrative of 500-1000 words, explaining:
1) where you live, what local organization(s) you work with,
2) what you will do with the knowledge gained, and
3) what is your political experience and knowledge (including state and/or local transportation policy).
Relate that narrative to the following responsibilities:
1) lead Tuesday’s lobbying effort with the TN delegation at the National Bike Summit,
2) attend a training call for that, and
3) attend Saturday’s Active Transportation Leadership Institute, participating in one session on the role of state advocacy.