We are thrilled to announce Bill Schultheiss, Director of Design and Engineering for Toole Design Group, as the Keynote Speaker for the 2022 Tennessee Bike Walk Summit in Franklin, Tennessee!
Bill Schultheiss is the Director of Design and Engineering for Toole Design Group – North America’s leading active transportation consulting firm. Bill is a 1998 graduate of Northeastern University where he studied Civil and Environmental Engineering and is a licensed Professional Engineer in 26 states. A former elected official, Bill enjoys the intersection of advocacy, public engagement, research, agency delivery, and consultant expertise to improve communities.
For the past 20 years he has worked with Toole staff to deliver safer streets throughout North America and to his experiences to help guide reform within the transportation industry to ensure more equitable outcomes. Notable projects he has contributed to include:
- AASHTO Bike Guide
- MassDOT Separated Bicycle Lane Planning and Design Guide
- Boston Complete Streets Guide
- Knoxville Bike Plan
- Commonwealth Avenue, Boston separated bike lanes
- Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC separated bike lanes
- Seattle Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Analysis